Resident Information

NB-Generic 2

As a resident of New Braunfels, you can bypass paying the $2 River Management Fee by presenting a Resident River Pass at one of the city operated wristband booths in order to receive a wristband. You can also use your Resident River Pass at any outfitter to have the River Management Fee waived. Once you receive your wristband, you no longer need to carry the Resident River Pass, but the wristband is required. Resident River Passes can be used for wristbands on both the Comal River and the Guadalupe River. 

Remember, anyone using tubes or other floatation devices at the City Tube Chute, Prince Solms Park, Hinman Island, or public exits on the Comal or Guadalupe Rivers MUST have a wristband.

The wristband booths are open 9am-6pm on Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays between Memorial Day weekend and Labor Day. If you are accessing the river outside of these hours, you will not need a wristband. If you are getting on the river using private property, but still using a public exit, you will need a wristband. If you are entering and exiting using private property, a wristband is not required.

Your first Resident River Pass is free, but expect a $5 charge for replacement passes.

Learn More

  1. Resident River Pass
  2. Resident Parking Pass
  3. Resident Parking Map
  4. Fees Without a Pass

Resident River Pass

Resident River Pass MockUP


If you live in New Braunfels and you're within the city limits, you can get a free Resident River Pass. The pass allows residents to avoid paying the River Management Fee. Each pass is good for three (3) years and can be used from Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day. A Landa Park Aquatic Complex Resident Swim Pass or Landa Park Aquatic Complex Resident Family Swim Pass can also be used to avoid the River Management Fee.

Present your Resident River Pass at one of the city operated fee booths to receive a wristband or use your Resident River Pass at any outfitter to have the River Management Fee waived. Your first pass is free; replacement passes will be $5.

Where to Get Passes

Parks and Recreation Administrative Office

  • Address: 110 Golf Course Road
  • Hours: Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.

Das Rec

  • Address: 345 Landa Street
  • Hours:
    • Monday - Friday: 5 a.m.- 9 p.m.
    • Saturday: 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.
    • Sunday: 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.

Proof of Residency

Residents must bring a document proving residency. Accepted documents are:

  • Valid driver’s license
  • Current NBU statement with photo ID
  • Other current utility statement with photo ID
  • Rental contract with photo ID

Please note:

  • The City's GIS General Reference Map will be used for proof of residency.
  • Children without a valid photo ID or driver’s license must come in with a parent or guardian in order to verify residency.
  • All Resident Swim Passes and Resident Family Swim Passes will also serve as a Resident River Pass.