Solid Waste & Recycling Division
When to Put Your Garbage and Recycling Cart Out
- Residential garbage, recycling and green waste collection begins at 6:30 a.m.
- Carts can be placed on the curb after 8 p.m. the night before your pick-up day or before 6:30 a.m. on your pick-up day.
- If carts are not on the curb by 6:30 a.m. on your collection day, a fee of $16.24 will be assessed if residents want trucks to return before their next scheduled pick-up day.
- See City Ordinance Section 110-4 for more details on residential garbage, recycling, and green waste collection.
Use this interactive map to find out when garbage and recycling is collected on your street. Just enter in your address!
A detailed look at Residential Garbage Collection Services offered by the City of New Braunfels
Learn more about Curbside Residential Recycling, including what you can and cannot recycle.
Learn more about how the City collects and recycles green waste, like grass clippings and tree branches.
An easy to use tool that allows users to report issues involving Solid Waste & Recycling including broken trash or recycling bins, uncollected trash or recycling, and more.
Commercial garbage collection information and procedures on becoming a private hauler.
Need a dumpster? Learn more about the dumpster resources that are available.
Fri, Sep 29
Sat, Oct 21
There is no commercial or residential collection on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, or New Year's Day. Collection that falls on those holidays are made up the next service day, and all collection days after will shift by one day.
- Collection will follow normal schedules for all other holidays and observances.
- The City Recycle Center is closed on all City holidays.
- Commercial customers, if you plan to close on a holiday that is not observed by the city AND your dumpster will not be accessible to our trucks (behind a closed fence, etc.) please leave a message at our office at least three business days before that day to discuss other arrangements. If you do not contact us beforehand and we are unable to service your dumpster on your regular pick-up day, a return service fee will apply.
Want to receive reminders about upcoming events? It's simple and quick to sign up! Visit the Notify Me page to sign-up for notifications via text message or email.
- Mesquite Creek Landfill
- Comal County Recycling Center
- Comprehensive Solid Waste Management Plan
- Contact Us
Mesquite Creek Landfill
The Mesquite Creek Landfill is operated by Waste Management and is located at FM 1101 and Kohlenberg Rd.
Contact the facility at (830) 625-7894.
Comal County Recycling Center
The Comal County Recycling Center is operated by Comal County and is located at 281 Resource Dr. off of Hwy 46 West.
View their website or call 830-643-3781.
Comprehensive Solid Waste Management Plan
In 2019, the City of New Braunfels Solid Waste and Recycling Division completed a 20-year visioning plan that considers current programs and services while looking to meet future needs. SCS Engineers was selected to assist the City in creating a guiding document that would outline the most applicable and fiscally responsible solid waste management strategies for our community. In addition, the Plan
- Identified goals and objectives,
- Established a baseline (FY 2016-2017),
- Forecasted waste streams,
- Evaluated options to increase landfill diversion and manage future waste streams,
- Assessed financial requirements, and
- Prepared an implementation plan.
The proposed action items are categorized into short term (1-5 years), medium term (6-10 years) and long term (10-20) years.
The Plan was approved by City Council on July 8, 2019.
Solid Waste and Recycling Division:
Phone: (830) 221-4040
Address: 424 S. Castell Ave. New Braunfels TX 78130
If you need information that is not available on the website, believe your garbage was missed, or would like to speak to a customer service representative, please leave a message at our office and we will call you back. We strive to answer all calls by the following business day if not before. Our office is closed on all major holidays.