December 10, 2022
Last vehicle in line at 11:00 a.m. will be the last one served.
Comal County Goodwin Annex
New Braunfels City Hall
City Municipal Bldg
Walnut Springs Elementary
Mesquite Creek Landfill
Bring your state-issued photo ID and a current utility bill.
Bulky Goods Drop-Off
Saturday, December 10, 2022
Bulky Goods Day is a free service offered once a quarter at four sites throughout the City where residents can dispose of large, bulky trash items like furniture, mattresses, and car tires.
The City operates four sites where residents drive-up and drop-off unwanted, bulky items for disposal. Maximum 5 oversized items and 4 whole passenger car tires. One load per household, per event.
- Accepted items: Furniture, mattresses, whole passenger car tires without rims (limited to 4 per resident), and other non-metal bulky items too large for your trash cart.
- Not accepted items: Electronics, appliances, green waste or other plants, household hazardous waste, loose or bagged (non-bulky) garbage, scrap metal, construction, demolition, or remodeling material, fixtures, and trash and commercial or business trash. Blown-out, partial, motorcycle, ATV, and lawn mower tires are also not accepted.
- All trailers must go to the landfill; trailers are not accepted at City sites.
- Mesquite Creek Landfill requires:
- Safety vest for each vehicle occupant
- Tarp on trailer
- Only one load per household, per event
- Tires and appliances are not accepted at the landfill. Call Mesquite Creek Landfill, operated by Waste Management, at (830) 625-7894 for additional information.
*Scrap metal is accepted year-round at the City Recycle Center. For hours and details, visit newbraunfels.gov/recyclecenter.
Don't Dump, Donate!
Anytime of year, consider donating bulky goods to nonprofits that serve our community as an alternative. Various charities and thrift stores take different items. Use your preferred search engine to find local alternatives to throwing away donation-worthy household items.