Report a Spill or Water Quality Concern
To report a spill or other water quality concern, please use our Report a Spill or Water Quality Concern form or contact the Watershed Team by phone at (830) 221-4020. You may also use these methods of communication to request information pertaining to past spills or other illicit discharges.
Resources & Information
Learn more about the City's Storm Water Management Program (SWMP) that helps minimize pollution associated with stormwater runoff.
Information about the Edwards Aquifer Habitat Conservation Plan (EAHCP), a cooperative effort to protect groundwater resources for people and endangered species in the region.
2022 Dos Rios Watershed Cleanup - OCTOBer 8th, 2022
The 2022 Dos Rios Watershed Cleanup was a success! A HUGE thank you to all of the volunteers and sponsors of this year's event. Over 150 volunteers participated in this year's event and removed 1800 pounds of trash from our local riparian areas and waterways! Check out some photos of volunteers in action at the cleanup!
Adopt a Spot - Volunteer River Clean Up
The City of New Braunfels is committed to preserving and protecting its local waterways. The Adopt-A-Spot River Clean-Up program serves to raise public awareness, educate citizens, and generate community involvement by adopting a spot along the river or in contributing areas to clean.
- A cleaner community
- A healthier and safer environment for residents, visitors, and wildlife
- A sense of community and pride for our city
- A better place to live, work, and play
What will I get?
- Guidance with the planning of your pickup and support from city staff every step of the way
- A cleanup kit that includes: trash bags, gloves, grabbers, and a first aid kit
How do I do it?
- Get a group together that is ready to help
- Fill out an application
- Choose a spot (PDF)
- Schedule clean-up events, pick up supplies from City Hall, and get cleaning!
- Fill out Clean Up Event Report
Volunteer groups will be asked to complete a clean-up report after every event to give us a little insight into your findings, including most unusual item found, pounds of trash collected, wildlife observed, etc.