The City of New Braunfels is hosting a Boards & Commissions Open House from 5pm to 8pm on Wednesday, February 15th, 2023, at the Westside Community Center. This come-and-go event will give residents an opportunity to learn more about the various Boards and Commissions for the City and will give those interested in participating a chance to fill out applications on-the-spot.
“This is a unique opportunity for New Braunfels residents to get involved in their local government,” said City Secretary Gayle Wilkinson. “These Boards and Commissions provide recommendations to New Braunfels City Council, so your participation directly affects decisions that are made in our community.”
This Open House event will focus on Boards and Commissions that have Spring appointments, which includes:
- Airport Advisory Board - 2 seats available
- Arts Commission - 2 seats available
- Central Texas Technology Center Advisory Board - 2 seats available
- Construction Board of Appeals – 11 seats available
- Downtown Board - 4 seats available
- Ethics Commission - 3 seats available
- Heritage Commission - 2 seats available
- Historic Landmark Commission – Currently full but accepting applications for potential unexpired terms
- Housing Authority Board of Commissioners - 2 seats available
- Planning Commission - 3 seats available
- Tax Increment Reinvestment Zone (TIRZ #1) – Creekside - 3 seats available
- Traffic & Transportation Advisory Board - 3 seats available
- Watershed Advisory Committee - 4 seats available
- Zoning Board of Adjustment - 4 seats available
- Tax Increment Reinvestment Zone (TIRZ #3) - Downtown New Braunfels - 3 seats available
Those in attendance at the Open House will have a chance to speak with liaisons from these various boards and commissions and laptops will be available for those that wish to apply for a seat. For a detailed description about each committee, including potential eligibility requirements, visit www.newbraunfels.gov/boards. To apply for a committee, visit www.newbraunfels.gov/apply.
Again, the City of New Braunfels Boards & Commissions Open House is from 5pm to 8pm on Wednesday, February 15th, 2023, at the Westside Community Center, located at 2932 South I-35 Frontage Road.